Fur sure?
In the spirit of fostering community, I'd like to have a discussion. Today I got an e-mail from a reader who was offended by my post that said January is an excellent time to buy a fur. Her argument was that it's never a good time to buy a fur (i.e. wearing fur is cruel and etc.). I had mentioned it simply because furs tend to go way on sale in January, so if you're going to buy one, you might as well get a hefty discount; since my blog is about shopping, I thought it was an event worth noting. Now, I told said reader that I believe wearing fur (or not wearing fur) is a personal choice, and because this is my blog, my postings will reflect that view.

Here's where you guys come in. Ever notice the little "Comments" link at the bottom of my posts? This is your time to comment. Let's have a discussion. Are fur coats for beautiful animals only? Or are they incredibly stylish, luxurious, and warm? Is the fur trade inhumane? Or is it an important, multibillion-dollar industry that employs hundreds of thousands of people worldwide? Are organizations like PETA threatening to civil liberties or are they effective and worthy? As Linda Richman would say, discuss.

No comments