Grammy whammy
With all the Fashion Week excitement (well, and closing an issue at work), I completely forgot about critiquing the Grammy fashions! Luckily, the folks at E! Fashion Police have taken care of business for me. Still, I think I'll throw in my few cents.
Christina Aguilera: Again, the dress is a marked improvement, but the hair and accessories are a bit much.
JC Chasez: Channeling Crockett and Tubbs, but somehow it works.
Alicia Keys: Now, clearly this girl likes to wear jeans. Which is fine. But she needs to commit to either a dress or jeans--none of this capri-jeans-under-3/4-of-a-dress business.
Gwen Stefani: Everything she wears is a total risk, and she always pulls it off like a star. I admire this woman.
Justin Timberlake, a.k.a. bodice ripper: Brown suit and pink shirt. Hmm, poop and Pepto?
Ashanti: If I had abs like this, I'd be showing them off, too.
Lil' Kim: Wow, I think that's the most fabric she's ever been wearing!
Carson Kressley: You know, for someone who's supposed to be a style guru, he looks an awful lot like Liberace.
Sarah Jessica Parker: This wouldv'e been cuter if the skirt were about three or four inches longer. Still, very Carrie Bradshaw.
Sting, Trudie Styler, and daughter Koko: While none of them are wearing footwear that actually matches the rest of their outfits (navy socks, Sting? Navy?), I really can't say anything bad here.
Mary J. Blige: Big Bird goes to the disco.
Jennifer Love Hewitt: If you must wear an ill-fitting dress, please don't pair it with lucite stripper shoes.
Billy Bob Thornton: Um, isn't that a girl's shirt? 'Cause I have one exactly like it in pink.
Queen Latifah: Love the color, don't love the outfit. It's a little too Alicia Keys for my taste. Pants or dress: Make a decision.
Guy Ritchie & Madonna: They both look amazing. I have nothing snarky to say. Really.
Paula Abdul: The dress and the jewelry are great (it takes a capable woman to pull off Herve Leger, especially in orange). The hair and the fake tan, not so much.
Beyonce: She had definitely overcome her style rut (a.k.a. jumpsuits). This dress is amazing, and it almost makes her look like a fertility goddess (I mean that in a good way).

No comments