The week in shopping
Saturday I went to check out the Language closing sale. I had to wait in line for 15 minutes to get in the door, then there was a security guard who insisted on checking everyone's purse (which I absolutely cannot stand). Even still, I went inside. My verdict: Eh. They still have a ton of merchandise from Language's private-label spring collection, but it's only 60% off, and considering most of the clothes are originally in the $200-$500 range...There's very little non-Language merchandise, but what they do have is 50% off. I saw a few corduroy Marc by Marc Jacobs skirts, the Stella McCartney cherry shoes (I think those were only 30% off, actually, otherwise I would've bought them, 'cause they're damn hot), and Yanuk jeans (but nothing bigger than a 28). So, in my opinion, not worth it. But if you wat to check it out, the sale runs through Friday. 238 Mulberry (Prince and Spring Sts.).

I have a Lauren Merkin bag and I always get a ton of compliments on it. Now she's having a sample sale; all bags are under $90. 3/10-3/11; 11-7; 231 W. 29th St., ste. 201.

Downtown resale shop Ina bought the remaining clothes and accessories from Sex and the City's wardrobe department and is selling them for $10 to $600. Expect long lines. 3/11; 10-10; 21 Prince St. (Mott & Elizabeth Sts.).

Strangely enough, downtown-style uptown boutique Cantaloup is having a sample sale...downtown. And at a nightclub, nonetheless. They're taking 30%-70% off Sass & Bide, Petro Zillia, Cacharel, and other groovy labels. 3/11-3/13; noon-6 weekdays, noon-5 Sat.; Nocturne, 144 Bleecker St.

My 400-thread-count sheets have changed my life. Frette's luxe Italian linens are 50%-75% off. I highly recommend a set. Through 3/12; 9-7, 9-2 Fri.; 4 W. 58th St. (5th and 6th Aves.), 9th fl.

Like the magazine? Check out the store. Vice has Evisu and others for 50% off. Through March 15; noon-8, noon-6 Sun.; 252 Lafayette St. (Prince & Spring Sts.).

Steve Madden offshoot Steven (hey, remember when it was called David Aaron?) has some shoes for 75% off; others are buy two, get one free. I walked by on Saturday and it was a zoo. 529 Broadway (Spring).

Finally, Gabay's has bags by Chloe, YSL, Marc Jacobs, Gucci, Fendi, and more for 55% off retail. Not bad. 225 First Ave. (13th & 14th).

No comments