Website of the week
I will admit I'm a bit of a dreamer. I dream about being able to go into a store like Jeffrey and just point at the stuff I want while salesgirls follow me around the store like puppy dogs. I dream of having an oceanfront beachouse, preferably in Montauk. And I dream of having a huge loft apartment that I can fill with midcentury and contemporary modern furniture from stores like Unica Home. The store, located in Las Vegas, is a beacon of style amidst so much bad taste. And the website is even better: well organized--browse by category or by designer--and with a gift registry. While Unica has typical offerings from design giants Knoll, Kartell, Herman Miller, et. al., they also have stuff you won't see anywhere else, like this incredible (and, yes, a bit Vegas) mood light wall, garland light, and origo dinnerware. They also have incredibly rare (and, okay, expensive) items like this very mod ball chair. If you sign up for the e-mail list, you receive notice of monthly specials; this month, get 20% off all Cassina furniture designed by Le Corbusier (including the iconic chaise lounger). Plus, most orders over $100 ship for free--a nice way to avoid hefty furniture delivery costs. Now all I need is a few million dollars and I can start making my dreams come true...

No comments