Website of the week
While the weather this week is going to be a bit more tolerable, last week's dip into the 40s reminded me that I need to stock up on tights. As much as I love department stores, their hosiery departments often suck (this is especially true at Barneys), and so I often end up shopping at places like Century 21, where the selection can be inconsistent. So I was happy to come across My Tights, a website devoted entirely to hosiery. You can shop by style, brand, or special feature (such as petite or bridal), or you can use the super-specialized Hosiery Finder for specific searching. They carry high-end brands like Gerbe and Spanx, but since this is a British site, they have a lot of European brands I've never heard of, like the super-expensive (but so sexy and luxurious-looking) Gio and the slightly loopy Le Bourget. Levante appears to be the site's top-selling brand, and they also feature Gwyneth's favorite Spanx Power Panties. I'll be ordering the Aristoc pointelle lace tights, Hudson's rustic rib tights, and I can't believe I've actually found them, Levante's wool rib tights, which will keep my legs soooo warm on winter days. (Seriously, you guys have no idea how long I've been looking for wool ribbed tights--they are nearly impossible to find in this country.) Shipping is $5.95, or free if you spend $50--amazing for an overseas website. My Tights is also very customer-friendly and offers a whole page of hosiery advice, including tips for men buying hosiery for themselves. Oh, those cheeky Brits...

No comments