Website of the week
All of a sudden, for some reason, I am obsessed with designer handbags. I have a Gucci Jackie O bag (it was a college graduation gift to myself), a buttery leather Miu Miu messenger bag, and a vintage Dior logo doctor bag, but other than that, I tend to prefer more quirky, individualistic bags from smaller designers. But not anymore. A few weeks ago, I saw this woman at my nail salon with the most gorgeous tan leather hobo-type bag; I asked her where it was from, and she said Gucci. With a bit more research, I determined this was the large Gucci horsebit hobo and that Jessica Simpson owns, like, four of them. Bitch. Anyway, the bag retails for $1,290 and is routinely waitlisted, although there are pretty good knockoffs going for about $350 on eBay if you're into that sort of thing (I am not). Then I saw a picture of Gwyneth Paltrow (someone who, if you're a regular Cheryl Shops reader, you know I totally idolize in terms of style) with the Balenciaga Le Dix bag, and now I'm completely obsessed with that one (I think it would go better with my cheetah-print fur coat anyway). So in my search for affordable (ha!) designer handbags, I came across Vogue Handbags. All bags sold here are authentic but are 30%-70% off retail prices because they're bought directly from the vendors (hence saving you the retail markup). They have a concentrated selection and carry only Gucci, Fendi, Prada, Tod's, Luella, Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, and Lambertson Truex--wallets and handbags for the first four brands, handbags only for the latter four. You can shop by brand or search--the site isn't too complex. The deals, however, are pretty good. You can get this current-season Fendi bag for $289 (61% off), a basic Prada bag for $109, and not quite so cheap but still a good deal, this Gucci horsebit bag for $429, which is 37% off. But most importantly, they have my Balenciaga Le Dix bag, as well as my coveted Marc Jacobs Stella tote, in basic black no less! Granted, $800 is still a bit out of my price range, but I signed up for the mailing list and I'm going to wait for a coupon to come, and then I'm going to pounce.

No comments