Buy it
I can always count on someone in my family to get me a Sephora gift certificate for Christmas. So with this year's card, I got the Star Struck palette, figuring I could toss it in my travel makeup bag as a standby. But the palette comes with a nice little booklet of tips by makeup artist Mally Roncal (she does Beyonce's makeup), so I decided to give the palette's "Rock Star" look a whirl on New Year's Eve. MW thought I was going for a Goth look, but I must say, it turned out pretty well. And by 2:30 a.m., after about seven hours of dancing and drinking, my smoky eyes still looked damn good (they were captured on film for posterity by MK). Now I can't wait to try the "Old Hollywood" look included in the booklet. So, the Star Struck palette has earned a spot not in my second-tier makeup bag but on my shelf in the bathroom. A prominent one.

No comments