Gratuituous Marc Jacobs post
As regular Cheryl Shops readers know, I worship at the altar of Marc Jacobs (or, more specifically, Marc by Marc Jacobs, which is more in my price range). Since most of his fall merchandise is on sale now, I've been waiting for resortwear and spring with bated breath. Lo and behold, I received an e-mail today from eLuxury.com announcing the arrival of the spring Marc shoes. Now, I am also quite the shoe lover, so to say this was good news is the understatement of the year (thus far). Anyway, these shoes are so bright and colorful and fresh-looking, I want to buy them all. But my top three favorites are: 1) the wicker wedge sandal, a new spin on the wedgie with a cute print; 2) the ballet flat, a comfy staple in a totally adorable floral print; and 3) the espadrille, which, although I cannot stand when people try to make espadrilles stylish, doesn't even look like an espadrille, so it's okay. In fact, it's more than okay--it's kickass. The best part about all of these shoes is that they're $200 or under--I think the espadrille, at $185, is an especially good deal. The wedge is going to be the hot shoe this summer (trust me), and knotty, crafty-looking accessories were all over the spring 2005 runways. So I'm going to order it in green, and I know it's going to be my favorite shoe this spring. Um...is it spring yet?

No comments