Website of the week
I get a lot of e-mails from people asking me to help them find something, and many times, the item is something a celebrity has worn. Now, I am always happy to do this because I'm glad to put my research (i.e. shopping) skills to good use, and I like a good challenge. Unfortunately, sometimes I come up empty-handed, but I recently stumbled upon a website that might be able to help. FamousFashionsFound is a website where you can buy clothes and accessories as seen on your favorite celebrities. Yes, it's a bit Us Weekly, but it's fun, and they carry a bunch of smaller, indie labels, so it's a great way to discover new designers. You can shop in all manner of ways--by tv show or movie, by magazine features, by category, by designer, or simply by star. Star-wise, the site is heavy on Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston (oh, how it pains me to say her name), but more fashion-forward celebs like Gwyneth Paltrow, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Selma Blair are represented as well. Great new labels include T-shirts by Ladies of the Canyon, belts by Elegantly Waisted, and Lily McNeal sweaters. I'm especially a fan of this Lily McNeal belted cardigan, this Lotta tunic (as worn by Jessica Simpson), and this Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent velvet jacket, favored by Gwyneth, Jessica and others. Items ship via FedEx or UPS, and returns are accepted within 14 days. To read more about the founders, click here. It's not as cool as having your own celebrity stylist, but it's close.

No comments