Website of the week
I'm a downtown girl (and have been ever since I moved here), so until several months ago, when Olive & Bette's opened a store in my neighborhood, on Bleecker, I wasn't very well acquainted with the store. Now, whenever I walk by the store, MW has to drag me away, because there's so much cute stuff in the window to look at. And I wasn't aware they had a website until yesterday, but what a cute website it is! Much like the stores, it has a well-chosen selection of merchanidse--everything is cute and girly, but practical and not too extravagant. You can browse by designer, but since this is a boutique website, I recommend browsing by category (and you have to admire the site for the "rain check" section, featuring boots and umbrellas). Bonus: For accessories lovers such as myself, shoes, belts, jewelry and hats/scarves/mittens all have separate categories. For label whores, Theory, Nanette Lepore, Free People and Splendid are all well-represented. Some of my favorites: These Pucci-esque Tamara Henriques graphic boots brighten up a rainy day; this Tibi Batik top is great for a mid-winter vacation to a warm locale (I might snag it for my upcoming trip to Florida); I could live in this James Perse jersey cami dress all summer; I think everyone needs one unapologetically girly item, like this Free People tulle skirt; speaking of unapologetically girly, I also dig these Irregular Choice glittery pumps; and you all know I can't resist butterflies, so this Frank & Kahn butterfly sash is a must. Check out the sale section too! Of course, now that I've been to the website, I think I need to go check out the store--you know, just for "research" purposes.

No comments