Random notes
1. For those of you following the Great Cheryl Bag Search, I'm happy to report I've found a fun little number for summer. I bought it at Jasmine Sola, which is always my first shopping stop in Boston (where I spent the long weekend). It's a fun apple green tote that, as I later discovered, is a knockoff of Bottega Veneta's Oro Cabat tote (retail price: $4,900). Mine is obviously not leather and was a bargain $60, and since it needs to last me four months max, I think that's not such a bad deal.

2. Masstige Watch (at this point, soon to be a recurring feature at Cheryl Shops: For fans of Stella McCartney for Adidas and Y-3, bad boy Brit designer Alexander McQueen is designing a line for Puma, to debut in stores next spring. Am I excited? Hell yes.

3. Fashion musical chairs: Raf Simons is the new Jil Sander designer, Helmut Lang is pretty much kaput, and Roberto Menichetti is out at Celine.

4. In that last article, please note the second item, in which it states the most excellent store ever, Topshop, is coming to America. Well, in abbreviated form, for a trial run at indie boutique Opening Ceremony (at 35 Howard St.) in Soho. Items will be $70-$125 and will hit in August. Expect blood on the sales floor.

5. Website of the week and other goodies will be posted Thursday.

1 comment

RAY MATTHEW said...

I found your blog via Google while searching for Dolls & Bears when I happened across yours.It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really belive you will do much better in the future.

Thanks,
Containers
http://www.boxtcontainers.com