Website of the week
As you all know, I love a good bargain. One of my favorite places in the city to bargain-shop is Loehmann's, probably due to its proximity to my apartment, but I always manage to find great stuff there. So I was delighted to hear that Loehmann's has a partnership with Smart Bargains, so now you can shop Loehmann's excellent deals online. Smart Bargains, however, is a huge site, very similar to Overstock.com, with everything from electronics to Prada bags. You can seach or browse by category, but just a warning--the site has a ton of stuff, so just browsing can be kind of intimidating. Some interesting finds: I love Sonia Rykiel perfume and can't seem to find it anywhere...until now (a lot of hard-to-find and discontinued fragrances are available here); check out this recent-season Marc Jacobs bag (everyone from Louis Vuitton to Kate Spade is also represented, handbag-wise); predictably, I love this Prada butterfly trick from last season; I absolutely love this half-price Tod's boot; and this Frette sheet set, at $500, is quite the bargain (original price: $1200) and puts my Dwell sheets to shame. Plus, everything ships for a flat rate of $6.95, with no-hassle returns. So shopping at Smart Bargains might not be as satisfying as shopping at an actual discount store, but it's far more pleasant than sifting through the clearance racks.

No comments