Website of the week
Every summer, I buy a new bag. It's usually a somewhat cheap bag, often very colorful, that I know I'm going to use for three or four months, then stash on my purse shelf for the rest of its existence. This summer, however, I'm having a hard time finding a winner (yes, I know it's not officially summer yet--and the weather is certainly reinforcing this--but I've already switched my closets to summer clothes, so I'm in that mode already). The price is right for this Old Navy mesh tote, but I'm not too keen on the color, and the style seems alarmingly pickpocket-friendly. I absolutely love this APC shopping bag but don't really like any of the colors. And while this Renaud Pellegrino butterfly tote is right up my alley, the price ($595) is not. So while doing my research, I came across The Purse Blog, a blog devoted solely to purses. Obviously. It's written in first person by a lovely gal named Megs, and her love and devotion for bags comes across loud and clear in each post. The nice feature is that you can browse the blog's archives by style (hobos, messenger bags) or by "It" brand (Burberry, Hermes). There's also a rather amusing "fug bags" page, which is good for a laugh. So after browsing through pretty much the whole thing, my new frontrunner is this Michael Michael Kors satchel, which, coincidentally, we happen to sell on Macys.com! (Way to be familiar with your own website's merchandise, Cheryl.) I still haven't made up my mind, but when I do make a purchase, I'll let you know all about my handbag status (pardon the pun)....

No comments