My last post about bags--I promise
So, yes, I will admit that my new bag kick has been all Bottega Veneta--my new summer bag is a knockoff of their oro cabat tote, as I detailed in this post. I've never really been a big fan of woven leather until now--for some reason, it looks really fresh yet classic to me. There's also a high level of workmanship involved, which makes the bags harder to knock off (as opposed to, say, Louis Vuitton or Balenciaga bags). So while I'm loving Bottega Veneta lately, it is a bit, well, pricey (most of their bags are over $1,000; the oro cabat is nearly $5,000). So I was happy to read about Andrea Brueckner in Daily Candy this week. Made of basket-weave leather and available in three shapes (saddle, tote, bucket) and neutral colors, her bags are like a hipper, more accessible Bottega Veneta. Her woven styles (check 'em out here) are a not-so-bad $325-$515, and as I discovered on her website, she also makes those cool ruffle bags, which are in the $300 range. Much of her line is available now at Active Endeavors, a site that fills me with pride for my native Chicago. So even though I just got my summer bag, I'm already thinking about fall...sign me up for the large hobo in tan.

No comments