Website of the week
As I've already noted, I was in Boston for Memorial Day weekend. And while I tend to rave about Jasmine Sola, there's another store I like to hit on Newbury Street (well, aside from Louis Boston), and, like Jasmine Sola, it also has two branches on Newbury Street, all on the same block. That store is Thom Brown; one branch is all trendy shoes and bags and the other has trendy clothes. The website is chock full of cheap, cheap, cheap trendy shoes, with some clothes thrown in (and even stuff for guys too). You can shop by brand or by style (there are several types of footwear to choose from, but women's apparel and accessories are a bit sparse). Footwear-wise, typical department-store brands like Chinese Laundry and Steve Madden are represented, as well as cool athletic shoes like Gola and Puma, and ultra-trendies Penny & Kenny and Seychelles. Remember Dollhouse shoes from the finale of Project Runway? Judging by this pair, they're pretty cute (and cheap!). Even though I've professed my hatred for espadrilles many times, I'm starting to change my mind, due to supercute styles like this Jeffrey Campbell wedge. These Pink Studio mules are in the so-ugly-they're-cute category (well, unofficially), but they look super-comfy. And I'm definitely ordering this Rebels wedge, an excellent Marc Jacobs knockoff (it comes in pink as well), at a super-nice price ($60 as opposed to $200). Stores like this give me hope that there are fashionable options outside of New York, although NYC will always be my #1 fashion destination. Well, for now.

No comments