Website of the week
The lovely MK (who just treated me to a nice dinner at One--thanks, MK!) is soon headed out to Seattle for her second visit this year. MK raves about the birthplace of grunge so much that I decided to check out Sway & Cake, a Seattle-based website (and, I'm assuming, store). And, judging by the cool mix of jeans, tees, and hot high-heeled shoes, I'm thinking maybe I'd like Seattle too. The site carries a very West Coast selection of cool jeans from True Religion and Joie, punk-rock tees from Grail and Trunk, casual stuff from Primp, dressier (but still casual) tops from Sass & Bide (this site has one of the best selections I've seen) and La Rok, and super-hot metallic bags and shoes. You can shop by designer or browse by category--and the categories have cute names like "Cocktail Hour" and "Flare". They've got a great selection of jackets by 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent, Rebecca Taylor, and Theory, and they've got a lot of casual tees, hoodies, and pants by Primp, which is touted as the next Juicy Couture. And if you're an Allison Burns fan, they've got a ton of her slouchy-chic bags. I have my eye on this very Ashley Olsen 12th Street wrap top; this Flare Kicker cropped pant from Vanitas looks super-comfy and flattering; I love this tunic top from Inhabit, one of my favorite knitwear brands; my inner sexpot is lusting after these metallic python Bettye Muller slingbacks; and I'm definitely ordering this gold coin necklace from new-to-me brand Greenbeads (a reasonable price for nice jewelry, too). So while I'm still full of NYC pride when it comes to fashion, I'm starting to see why MK admires Seattle so much.

No comments