A girl and her boots
So, I skipped out of work a few hours early on Friday and headed to Soho, mainly to check out the Dwell sample sale, but I figured that, on the way, I'd stop at APC to check out these boots, which I featured in the Cheryl Shops Fall Shopping Guide and have since been saving up for (I wasn't quite there, but I figured if I had to give into temptation, I'd put them on the ol' Amex Blue and let Amex make a little money off of me for a month or two). Now, on my computer, which I believe is calibrated correctly, the boot appears to be a rich caramel color. In the store, however, it was orange. I asked a salesgirl, too, and she said that that was the correct color (several minutes earlier, however, she had been tearfully arguing with someone--probably a boyfriend--on her cell in front of the store, so god knows how lucent she was at the time). I was bummed for like 10 seconds, but then I realized that 1) I'd be saving myself $600 and 2) that now I could participate in what I really love about shopping, which is the art of the hunt. So I did a little window-shopping, finally ending up at Bloomingdale's in Soho. And as soon as I walked into the 2nd-floor shoe department, there it was: the perfect boot: a lovely, true caramel color with a round toe and a slouchy shape (the boot can be worn cuffed or uncuffed). I would've preferred a stacked heel instead of a covered heel, but I decided not to be too picky. It fit perfectly. And while it was $340 on the price tag, I remembered that it was double-discount weekend (for eligible Federated employees such as myself), so I got it for a very nice 40% off--which amounted to just about what I had already saved for the APC boots. Yes, the shoe gods were smiling on me on Friday. And, as I promised MW, I am now officially done with boot shopping. Well, until the Christmas sales, of course...

No comments