Cheryl Shops for...skinny jeans
Ever since I was so horribly shut out from the Stella McCartney bonanza last week, I've been obsessed with skinny-leg jeans, which I did not have the luxury of trying on (or even buying). Now, we've been seeing skinny jeans (or "stovepipes") for a few months now, mainly on starlets like Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, and Sienna Miller, and for awhile on Kate Moss, who, regardless of whether she has a coke addiction, is still a very stylish woman. Anyway, I grabbed MK and hit Barneys on Saturday on a mission. I enlisted a salesgirl, Stacey, and was soon trying on every pair of straight-leg jeans on the 8th floor. I tried on a ton of pairs by new brands--Rag & Bone, Earnest Sewn, Radcliffe--and while I absolutely loved the Envy from Gold Sign (Adriano Goldschmied's new line), I decided I did not want to cross the $200 threshold for a trend that might be fleeting (if, however, it decides to stick around for awhile, I might cave in, because they're super-flattering, lightweight, and they run huge, which always makes me feel better about myself). I decided to go with Citizens of Humanity's Sienna jean, which, thankfully, was on sale. I'm still not 100% sold on whether they're going to be a lasting trend, but it's nice to have a non-bunchy pair of jeans to tuck into my boots, and MW said I looked sexy, which is always nice to hear. Now my dilemma is what to wear with them: tunics? Sweater coats? Whatever I wear with my normal jeans? I'm taking suggestions...

No comments