Website of the week
In the past six months or so, I've lost a little weight. Twelve pounds, to be exact. I know it doesn't sound like a lot--and because I'm totally neurotic about my weight, if you ask me, I think I could stand to lose another six or seven pounds--but most of my clothes are quite baggy on me now. This became very apparent last weekend when I switched my closet from fall/winter to spring/summer. The funny thing is, I've lost weight in really weird places, like my upper chest between my collarbone and my boobs. I've also noticed that my underwear is baggy, which makes me think, did I have a fat above-crotch area before? Regardless, I need to do a little underwear replacement (sadly, my boobs appear to be the same size, so no new bras for me). And a few days ago when my coworkers and I were discussing the guilty pleasure of shopping in Grand Central Terminal, I remembered The Pink Slip, which is my favorite waiting-for-the-Hudson-Line diversion. While, yes, the Pink Slip has slips, they also have everything from costumes to hosiery to swimwear, and on the website, you can shop by category or by brand (you can also check out new items, specials & sales, and top sellers). But because I'm looking for underwear, that's what I'm going to focus on. I think this Felina Lowrider Boyleg seems like a nice basic and, at $9, the price is right. I am a huge fan of Mary Green's lingerie, and this Cotton Boy Short looks like it's right up my alley. (I'm a little scared by the model, though--is that a mannequin?) This Ruffle Rhumba Hot Pant isn't exactly for everyday wear, but, to paraphrase my former dance instructor, it looks like underwear that's fun to wear. I think I'll also stock up on Hanky Panky's famous Low-Rider Thongs, which are incredibly comfortable, as far as thongs go. I'm also intrigued by this Lace-Trim Cotton Boythong, also by Mary Green, which appears to be a non-full-coverage boy short. The great thing about Pink Slip is that it has a Wish List feature, so you can save all the things you're pondering (or that you want someone else to buy for you) for later. And should you choose to make some purchases, shipping via FedEx is a mere $5.95, with free exchanges and easy returns. Which seems kind of gross when it comes to lingerie, so, um, hopefully you won't have to utilize that aspect.

No comments