Mon regime
No, not a dictatorship. This is a post about my skin. For as long as I can remember, it's been so incredibly dry that if I used water to wash it, I'd need to put moisturizer on it within a minute; otherwise, it would start to crack from dryness. I also, from time to time, have suffered from eczema. I wash my face with Shu Uemura Enriched Cleansing Oil and moisturize with, depending on the time of year, either Kiehl's Creme d'Elegance Repariteur or Anti-Oxidant Skin Preserver, or, in extreme cases, Aquaphor. However, I recently made a medication change, and I began to experience something I never had before: oily skin. Granted, my skin didn't really break out, but all of a sudden, I didn't need the heavy moisturizer (or much moisturizer at all) and my skin was shiny all day long, not to mention five minutes after I washed my face. Clearly, it was time for a change.

I had no idea where to start, but from a recent beauty order, I had samples of Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser, Hope in a Jar moisturizer, and Microdelivery Peel pads and decided to give them a whirl. After all, Oprah loves the stuff. I don't know if it's the moisturizer, the peel (and, by the way, I never would've put anything with "peel" in its name on my face before this), or a combination of everything, but my skin looks so good, I don't even need foundation anymore. My nose is still a bit oily (I keep it in check with these blotting sheets), but I can't believe the difference. So, call me a Philosophy convert.

No comments