Lookee, Cheryl Shops has ads!
I've agonized for a long time over whether to add advertisements to Cheryl Shops. I didn't want any advertisers influencing the editorial content, plus I'm usually not a huge fan of how cluttered it can make a page. However, I spend a lot of time working on Cheryl Shops--so much so that it almost qualifies as a second job, albeit one I don't get paid for. So I recently found a nice compromise. The banners under "Recommended Shopping" in the right sidebar, below my links, are affiliate banners. When you click on them and make a purchase, I make money. Granted, it's not a lot, but every little bit helps. I am purposefully picking banners of sites I recommend and shop myself (believe me, I could make a lot more if I featured Weight Watchers or mortgage ads), so that even though these are ads, they're sites that are endorsed by Chery Shops. Some, such as Solestruck, have even been Websites of the Week. So, not to pressure you or anything, but please, please click on the ads and buy something. Your purchase(s) will not only keep Cheryl Shops up and running, but will also help Cheryl Shops innovate and grow. Thanks!

No comments