MasstigeWatch!
Three quickies!

1. Style.com reports that the Roland Mouret for Gap line will hit select stores on December 1 (click on the link for details). The more I see of the line, the more I like it. I think this one's definitely worth waiting in line for. I work a block away from the Times Square Gap, so I'll be there, duking it out with the Conde Nasties. (The dresses, by the way, are already selling on eBay for upwards of $200.)

2. I'm a little behind on this one, but as everyone pretty much knows by now (although it hasn't been officially announced, has it?), Proenza Schouler is the next Go International designer. Fashionologie has a little preview here. Meanwhile, No Good For Me reports that former Perry Ellis (and current Paco Rabanne) designer Patrick Robinsion is in talks with Target to come after the dynamic duo.

3. In her weekly Critical Shopper column, Alex Kuczynski reports on the Viktor & Rolf for H&M hoopla. (I meant to cover this last week, by the way, but my job has been a little nuts lately, thus making it hard for me to post from work, then that night I had the Housing Works Gin Mingle--emphasis on Gin--which left me out of commission for the rest of the week.) I decided V&R weren't worth missing two hours of work, so I went to H&M on my lunch hour last week. I ended up getting the ribbon-print dress, the silk tap pants, and the black silk bathrobe, which I'm going to wear as a dress. (Why not? It's too chic to wear as a robe!) I decided, however, that the ribbon-print dress was really not very flattering on me, so when I went to return it, I was stunned to see that there are still a few racks of V&R merch at the store (I went to 34th & 7th). The skinny pants are still abundant, as are the angora sweaters; there were a few dresses, tees, and tuxedo jackets too. So if you're hungry for more, there are still a few tasty morsels left.

No comments