To the anonymous commenter who suggested I try Old Navy skinny jeans...
...thank you! While running errands last weekend, I stopped in Old Navy on a whim. Their special edition skinny jeans were on sale for $24.50, so I thought why not? and decided to give them a whirl. Holy cow. I kid you not, these jeans fit way better than most of the $200 pairs I tried on at Barneys, Bloomingdale's, et al. In fact, they're so great, I got a pair in black too. The nice thing about them is that "regular" length is more like ankle-length on me, so they're perfect for wearing with flats or tucking into knee-high boots. This is the dark-wash pair I bought; the black-wash pair has back besom pockets, and I can't find it online. But for those of you who've been balking at paying three figures for a trend that's not going to be around for too much longer (or for one that isn't ultra-flattering), give Old Navy a try. Seriously.

Speaking of denim, for the label lovers out there, Bluefly has some notable new arrivals--earlier today, I spotted both the Earnest Sewn Harlan jean and the Joe's Cigarette jean (my second-runner-up in the skinny jeans search).

2 comments

Anonymous said...

that was me!! I have 6 different pairs of skinny jeans, ranging in price from $25 to around $200, and the Old Navy jeans are my fav! You should def size down though because they stretch out a lot. Another pair that I loovveee are my dark gray skinny jeans from Target's Mossimo brand--everytime I wear them people ask me where I got them. I bought them about 8 months ago though so they might carry them anymore. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

oh my god, thank you both so much for this!!! i went in there this weekend and they fit amazing AND are comfortable AND dont make you look like sausage!! they now come in skinny cords too, they are great!