Website of the week
Because my shopping last week in Austin got cut a bit short due to the strangely wintry weather (30 degrees and an ice storm in January--who would've thought?), one store I didn't make it to, sadly, was Factory People. Thankfully, the silver lining in that cloud is that Factory People has a pretty cool website. One of the pioneering high-end clothing boutiques in Austin, the Factory has a Barneys Co-Op-like selection of contemporary designers such as 3.1 Philip Lim and harder-to-find underground labels like Japan's Hysteric Glamour. And, like many of the clothing boutiques in Austin, they carry both men's and women's clothing, plus an edgy selection of music. Shopping the website is pretty straightforward--search or browse by brand or by category. The great thing is that nearly everything on the site is on sale, and prices go up to 60% off (final sale, it should be noted).

I'm impressed that the store carries 3 as 4, which is hard to find even in the label's hometown of New York. This reversible jean--only for the truly thin, mind you--is a pretty good deal at $107.


This vintage-inspired sweater looks incredibly flattering, and the Factory gets bonus points for introducing me to such a cool, wearable designer, Rory Beca!


I absolutely love this fun "Dip Me" Cami from another label I've sadly never heard of, the Brooklyn-based Red Toenails. (The price isn't bad either.)


This Edward An boatneck dress isn't on sale, but it has a timelessly chic Parisian look--doesn't it look like it's from a Jean-Luc Godard film?


I had no idea that Evisu, the Japanese denim label, even made dresses, but lo and behold, here's a totally cute print sundress.


And I absolutely love this print dress from Development--like many of the clothes I noticed in Austin, it has a very wear-all-year kind of look, which is quite versatile.


So, I learned two lessons here. First, I will not be traveling to Austin in January ever again. Second, the next time I'm there, I'm going straight to Factory People.

No comments