MasstigeWatch!
I'm a few days late on both of these items, so please bear with me...

First of all, good news for Kate Moss fans: The Daily reports that Barneys New York will be carrying her Topshop line exclusively in the U.S. starting May 8th. And if you think I'm going to ditch work to go buy it, then...well, you know me too well. The rumor is that this is yet another way for Topshop to test the U.S. waters; supposedly they're looking for space in NYC, and I'd like to point out that the Tower Records at 4th and Broadway is large, vacant, and conveniently down the street from my apartment. I'm just saying.

For those of you who are already over Proenza Schouler, Target has announced its next Go International collaboration. It's with edgy-cool indie label Libertine, and Fashionista has the scoop. I'd say it's a cross between the Luella Bartley and the Paul & Joe lines; I have my eye on the navy and green striped dress, pictured above. It bows in August; first comes Patrick Robinson's beachy collection, in May.

Also, I stopped by H&M yesterday to check out Madonna's collection, and all I have to say is...blah. Seriously, how did a woman who loves Gaultier and Olivier Theyskens--and who wore cone bras, for Chrissakes--design something so bland? I expect we'll see it on the sale racks within a month or two...well, unless all the drag queens snap it up first.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I must say that I was also disappointed in "M" by Madonna at H&M. The color palate did not present well on the floor either, especially given the bright colors that are everywhere for spring.

Was this just Madonna "doing it for the check"?