Website of the week
When you're looking for something specific, all you need is a good search engine. 99% of the time, I use Google, which usually does the trick. (If you want an earful, ask me about how much I love Google Maps!) However, when it comes to shopping, I tend to find Google's product search engine, Froogle, a bit lacking; I feel like it doesn't truly search every e-commerce website out there, and half the time, you just get stuff on eBay. Enter theFind.com. It is, bar none, the best shopping search engine out there. I don't know how it works, so let's just call it magic for the time being. You can search for anything from iPods to perfume, and it will give you results with pictures (and you can roll over the picture to get a nice Flash description too), and it even notes when the item is on sale. (The results, by the way, are unbiased, and if there's any kind of sponsorship or advertising involved, the search results state so.) You can narrow down your search by color or by subcategory, or if you find what you like, you can either click "shop" and buy it directly, or you can save it to your wish list (called "My Finds") for later. It even helps you score a bargain here and there--for example, I was going to treat myself to some Millesime Imperial at Bergdorf's for my birthday, but, hey, I found it here for $62.98! So while I'll probably continue to use Google multiple times a day (gotta love those maps!), there's a new shopping sheriff in town. I love theFind so much, I'm going to have to think up new things to shop for! Perhaps I'll have to start reading their blog for ideas...

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I checked it out and it seems a pretty cool place to find products. I was looking for prom dresses and the results were pretty kewl!

http://www.thefind.com/main/query.php?query=prom+dress