Spring Shopping Guide: Yellow
Aside from green, no other color makes me think of spring more than yellow. It's the color of sunshine, daffodils, and Marshmallow Peeps. It's also the color that makes me look like I have malaria--yellow may look great on olive- or dark-skinned gals, but not on the superfair. My solution? Wear the color as far away from your face as possible: on your feet. Yellow shoes instantly update your entire look with a bold pop of color that's bound to instantly cheer you up.

$$$
This jeweled Sergio Rossi slingback sandal would be most at home on a woman with long, super-tan legs and a head scarf, as she lounges on a yacht anchored in St. Tropez. For the rest of us, I think it would add the perfect amount of glam for a summer in the city.


Chie Mihara is a footwear designer that I feel has come out of nowhere with these amazing, semi-nerdy but nonetheless chic shoes. I love the retro look of this Nena wedge, and the modest wedge heel is very walking-friendly.


Everyone loves sandals, but what about a look you can wear now? Enter this totally '80s patent leather pump from Marc by Marc Jacobs. I love the lemon-sorbet hue, and the closed-toe style means you can extend its life well into fall.


$$
Charles David hasn't been a go-to brand for me since college, but I will admit to loving this peep-toe d'orsay Wistful pump--it's almost Blahnik-esque in its combination of classic shape and trendy detail.


This Madison Harding open-toe canvas wedge has a chic shape for the wedge-lovers out there, and the canvas fabric makes it lightweight and summery.


Ballet flats are everywhere for spring (if you ask me, they should always be a wardrobe staple), but to stand out, I suggest this "Pisces" ballet slipper, which has a scale-like pattern. The fact that it's yellow and not the expected green or blue makes this shoe even more clever.


$
Sometimes all you need is a simple thong sandal. Especially in July and August, when it gets so hot in NYC, thongs become my footwear of choice. This chic Athens T-strap thong from Cheryl Shops fave Dolce Vita will add some subtle variety with sleek, minimalist lines and a shock of bold color.


You don't even have to like yellow to love this patent leather Melrose pump from Nordstrom--it comes in a rainbow of colors, and at a mere $50, you can treat yourself to as many shades as you'd like.


Of course, if you're thinking the yellow fad is just that--and you won't need your shoes to last past September, I recommend this adorable Alex wedge from Delia's. With its cute cork wedge and comfy canvas upper (as well as its $34 price tag), you can't go wrong.

No comments