Website of the week
I love The Sartorialist, and it will always be one of my favorite blogs--his photography is gorgeous and he has an excellent eye (I also find it rather endearing, and inspiring, that he was, until his blog really took off, a stay-at-home dad). In fact, I love the Sartorialist so much, I want more street style. The closest thing I've found, in terms of a good eye and photography, is Stockholm Street Style, a blog covering, well, street style in Stockholm, Sweden. Unlike the Sartorialist, who has a thing for well-dressed old men, the subjects here are young, young, and young, and instead of succinct commentary, a short interview often accompanies each photo. However, the site is in Swedish, so the only words I understand are "H&M," which appears in nearly every post (it's Sweden--go figure), and the odd American word "sneakers," "cheapo," "secondhand". But, hey, with all the fitted leather jackets, chic scarves, and groovy boots on display, it's obvious that style is a universal language.

No comments