Website of the week
When it comes to vintage, you have two choices: Shopping a huge, warehouse-like place requires patience and a good eye; or you can shop at a smaller vintage boutique with a well-edited selection of merchandise--and pay dearly for it. For people like me who love vintage but have neither time nor money to spare, the key is finding a good balance of style and price, and most of the time, it comes down to the store's owner and his or her philosophy. So when I come across a site like Vintage Amore, I think I'd like to go shopping with the owner--in this case, a lovely lass named Suzy. The site has a small but focused collection of vintage clothing so current, you'd swear some of the stock came from H&M or Forever 21 (of course, being vintage, everything here is much more well-made). And that's one of the best parts about shopping vintage--not only are you getting a look that was inspiration for what the designers are currently knocking off this season, you're also getting a totally unique look that you won't see on anyone else.

This bright yellow gauze dress captures summer's boho-chic vibe with the full shape that's so popular this year.


I also like the mod look of this striped dress--the yoke and a-line shape are very current--but I'd leave the belt at home.


How sexy would this sheer babydoll top be with a pair of skinny jeans and peep-toe heels?


This groovy velvet clutch reminds me of the Anna Corinna city tote.


I absolutely love this heavy chain necklace--a much nicer and more unique version of something I've seen at F21.


The best part? Nothing I featured here is over $30--in fact, most of the items on the site are under $20. Sure, it's not as cheap sifting through the Salvation Army, but at these prices, who can complain? If only all vintage shopping could be this easy.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks!