I did not go to the Barneys Warehouse Sale today...
But the lovely ladies from Racked and Fashionista did. Read their reports here and here, respectively. Or for a snobbier take, Almost Girl was put off by the "crowds of non-industry women" at the sale. (Nice, Julie.) For the record, I've been exhausted all week, so I decided sleep was more important than first dibs on the sale. But I'm definitely going to go tomorrow after work, and I will post a special report sometime this weekend--I promise.

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Almost Girl's post and comment - ouch! I believe it would be a stretch for her to claim to work in fashion.

Anonymous said...

As a a fellow U of C alum, I have to say that Julie Frederickson's self righteous blogging makes me want to take her diploma away, burn it, and send her to charm school. There are tons of other bloggers who acutally have real jobs in fashion who are ten times nicer and a million times more gracious to the masses.

Unknown said...

Will you pay for charm school because that would be awesome? I could totally use it!

Anonymous said...

I don't think any of us can afford charm school for you, Julie - we've used up all our money shopping the Barney's sale as "non-industry women."

Cheryl said...

As I explained to Ms. Frederickson, "snobby" was not the exact word I had wanted to use. I was more surprised by the "non-industry women" comment than anything else, because her whole schtick with Coutorture has been that of a fashion outsider trying to make it more accessible to the masses (or at least to bloggers). I think all women should have access to sample sales, regardless of whether they're in "the industry"--which is one reason I'll continue to post them here every Monday.

Now, play nice, girls.