Cheryl Shops...Boston (briefly)
I didn't shop too much in Boston last weekend because I was busy visiting with my friend and her new babies (what up, LJ!), getting drunk with MW's family, and, oh yeah, freezing my ass off due to the antarctic-like temperatures. But whilst out and about, I came across two somewhat sad bits of information:

1) Jasmine Sola, Boston's answer to Scoop, is closing. According to The Beantown Bloggery, this was announced a month ago; the chain had been purchased by New York & Co. back in 2005 and had been bleeding money since. The silver lining is that they're having a huge clearance sale, and as of last week, everything in the stores was 30%-50% off. If you're in the market for jeans, I saw current-season True Religion, J Brand, Earnest Sewn, Citizens, and basically every premium-denim brand a girl could ever want. They also had a lot of cute accessories (I got a tote bag and a scarf) and the smaller store on Newbury Street had a ton of shoes. I'm kind of sad to see the chain go, but now I'm wondering what will take up its valuable Newbury real estate. Boston readers, care to weigh in?

2) My favorite Boston brunch spot, the Greenhouse Coffee Shop in Harvard Square, has also closed after 30 years in business. According to the Harvard Crimson, rising rents were to blame. Hopefully it won't be replaced by yet another bank. In the meantime, if anyone has any good brunch recommendations for Cambridge, I'm all ears...

No comments