Object of Desire: Golden Goose boots
I have been looking for the perfect pair of brown riding boots for what seems like forever. The shade needs to be not too dark; the toe not too pointy nor too rounded; the sole not too chunky; and the hardware not too ostentatious. I hate any kind of boots with zippers, so it needs to be a pull-on style. And while I realize that some breaking-in will be necessary, I'd prefer a softer leather that will age better. So when I got an email a few days ago about Golden Goose's boots at shopbop.com, I thought I had found my perfect pair. Witness the Charlye: perfectly broken-in, the perfect shade of brown, the perfect shape, and so on. Not so perfect? The price. $1,050, to be exact. That's two pairs of Louboutins, to put things in perspective. I'm even more incredulous that they're almost sold out. Regardless, I'm somewhat relieved that my size is no longer available--it wasn't meant to be. In the meantime, my search for the perfect riding boots continues...

No comments