Cheryl Shops Fall Shopping Guide: Boyfriend Jeans
When the paparazzi started snapping pictures of Katie Holmes, Victoria Beckham, and a now-endless list of celebs in big, baggy jeans, the world was perplexed, but I was ready to jump for joy. I do appreciate my skinny jeans, but I've been complaining for years about how ass-tight jeans have become, and because I think variety is the spice of life, I am very excited to add big, baggy, borrowed-from-your-boyfriend jeans to my repertoire. These are not jeans to wear out on a Saturday night; they're more for a Sunday-morning Times and coffee run. Still, yay for comfort!

$$$
I have a hard time paying more than $200 for a pair of jeans, so I tend to think anything over $300 is truly nuts. Especially something that looks like it should be going into the rag pile. But if you haven't got the time to break in your own jeans, then these Prps ripped boyfriend jeans have taken care of all the hard work.


For a similar effect but a slightly less distressed look, try the Barracuda boyfriend jeans, also by Prps.


I don't know why these Levi's jeans are $300, but they are, and, even more surprisingly, they're almost sold out. Keep reading, and I will show you a much more wallet-friendly alternative.


$$
The pair of jeans that truly started this craze is the Current/Elliott boyfriend cropped jean--the line was featured in Vogue, and the rest is history. I haven't tried these on, so I can't report on the fit, but it's supposedly cut extra slouchy, and I am all for trying on jeans without having to suck in my stomach.


Reese Witherspoon and Rachel Bilson may like Current/Elliott, but Fergie and Lindsay Lohan like Genetic Denim, and this boyfriend jean looks pretty good to me. Again, I have no personal anecdotes regarding fit, but the relaxed silhouette makes guessing your size less of a gamble.


These Rogan Sovereign jeans are sold out at La Garconne (sorry!), but they probably have them at the new Rogan store on the Bowery. I think they're worth checking out--he makes great tees and jeans, and he did win the CFDA prize after all, which is definitely worth something.


$
I don't know what exactly makes these Silence & Noise boy-fit jeans, well, boy fit, as they look rather fitted to me. But since they're on sale, you can roll the bones and see how they work out. I suggest sizing up for a slouchier fit.


Better yet, try Delia*s Riley boyfriend jeans, now on sale for a mere $14.99-$19.49.


But I think the best way to get a pair of boyfriend jeans is to go straight to the source. No, not to your boyfriend's closet--go to the men's department. I got a pair of Levi's 501 jeans last week, and I can't tell you how happy I am with them. I bought a pair three sizes larger than what I normally wear; they fall off my hips without a belt, but they fit exactly how they should, and I got a pre-broken-in wash, so they're as soft as pajama pants. The best part is, mine were a mere $68, which makes $300 jeans look downright ridiculous. Levi's has been kind of flying under the radar, but I expect them to make a comeback once people remember how awesome 501 are. Call me a convert.

2 comments

summerdavid said...

Not sure they are in stores yet (we're expecting our shipment sometime this month...) but Goldsign makes a jean style called "hisjean" that is an AMAZING fit - they retail for about $220 and the best wash is called the Prophet.

Allen Smith said...

Excellent submit from professional additionally it'll in all probability be a wonderful know-easy methods to us and thank you a large number for posting this helpful data with us all.

acid reflux remedies
blemish treatment
cholesterol lowering foods
constipation remedies
excessive sweating treatment