MasstigeWatch!
God love WWD and their Fashion Scoops column, where I often find the most exciting information buried deep within. The latest delicious tidbit I found:

DARK THOUGHTS: Rick Owens’ denim brand, Dark Shadow, has collaborated with Eastpak for fall. The collection features around 15 bag styles in charcoal, “greige” and black, plus a women’s and men’s raincoat in rubberized cotton.


People often ask me what designers I would wear if I had an unlimited budget, and, hands down, I always say Rick Owens. I don't own anything of his--his lower-priced line, Lilies, is still out of my budget even on clearance--but his gorgeously draped jersey pieces, soft washed leathers and weird, raw Goth aesthetic is the stuff my dreams are made of. Now, if I were to pick a mass-market collaborator for him, Eastpak would not have been my first choice (I, for one, haven't carried an Eastpak since high school). However, I'll take what I can get. Highsnobiety has pictures; I have my eye on the jacket. The collection will reportedly retail for $100-ish and hit stores sometime this fall. I, of course, will keep you updated.

No comments