Fashion blog gossip!
When it comes to street fashion, my two favorite blogs are The Sartorialist, of course, and a fairly recent discovery, Garance Doré, who's often referred to as "the French Sartorialist". Lately, I've noticed pictures of Garance showing up on The Sartorialist--which is understandable, since Garance is very chic, and she and Scott Schuman are probably often running in the same fashionable circles--but I didn't give it much thought until I read this post on Fashionologie: Apparently Scott and Garance are a couple! Scandal! As far as I knew, Scott was married with children; until The Sartorialist took off, he was a stay-at-home dad and his wife was a retail executive (at The Limited, I think). But judging by the comments on this post (Garance is in the second photo), looks like G & S's relationship is public knowledge at this point. Personally, I think it sounds like a match made in fashion heaven--both have an incredibly perceptive eye for style, and I can only imagine what beautiful things they can create together.

On a sadder note, The Cut reports that the Wall Street Journal's fashion blog, Heard on the Runway, may be dunzo. HotR is a great blog, because it often focuses on the business side of the fashion industry--while anyone can swoon over the artistry of, say, a Rodarte gown, not everyone can analyze how any store is actually going to sell the thing. It was announced last month that of fashion positions were being cut at the Journal; the incredibly talented Teri Agins was definitely one of the layoffs, as, possibly, was my fellow Northwestern alum Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan. I know times are tough and newspapers still haven't quite figured out how to make money on the Internet (although they should get to it, since newspapers seem to be dying accelerated deaths across the country), but this is a really depressing rumor. For the time being, I'm going to hope it's not true.

No comments