Cheryl Shops...Gilt Groupe sale at Samples for (eco)mpassion
I love Gilt Groupe and I love Samples for (eco)mpassion, so when I got invited to a preview of Gilt's warehouse sale (hosted at Samples for (eco)mpassion), I scurried on over. The sale is nowhere near as organized as Gilt's online sales--some digging is definitely in order--but I spotted quite a few gems. There are several racks of Malo and Valentino; lots of Gryson bags (prices top out at $200 for the big ones); quite a few Ali Ro and Lauren Moffatt dresses; some White + Warren sweaters; and a bunch of jeans that I think were Rich & Skinny, but can't quite say for sure. A little digging, however, unearthed several treasures: a great studded DVF dress, in size 8; a huge studded Be&D Garbo bag (it was $400, I believe); two Thakoon dresses, both in size 4; and several Marc by Marc Jacobs black leather flight bags (which were not listed on the price list, but I think I overheard the register guy say they were $130). Sadly, I walked out empty-handed (I'm saving myself for the 3.1 Phillip Lim sale tomorrow), but if any of the items I listed interest you, I suggest stopping by ASAP. Samples for (eco)mpassion is at 2 Great Jones St. (Broadway & Lafayette); the sale runs from noon-7 5/20-5/24. Or, if you'd rather shop from the comfort of your own home, you can join Gilt Groupe here.

No comments