Backstage at Walter Spring 2011

At some point every Fashion Week, usually on Sunday, I hit a low. The weekend shows are generally a debacle, with crashers galore, and people start drinking early in the afternoon in the tents, which tends to magnify bad behavior. Then between the rain and a rather rude email I got from a publicist who shall remain unnamed, I did not arrive at the Walter show at the Style 360 venue in good spirits. That all changed when I found out I had backstage access (which, if I had known about, I would've arrived way earlier); this was completely unexpected, but I decided to roll with it.


By the time I got backstage, all of the models were already made up and dressed, but since shows never start on time, I got to witness their pre-game rituals. This included dancing.


I then walked around snapping all the fun stuff backstage, like extra hair extensions, the run of show, and the stage direction.






Soon the models were all lined up and ready to start the show.


After assessing the situation outside, I decided to try something new and watch the entire show from backstage. Here's what it looked like.








And then it was all over! Granted, I didn't pay as much attention to the clothes as I normally do, but as we all know, Walter makes trend-conscious contemporary clothes at great prices, and from what I saw of the spring collection, it looked like a winner to me. As for being backstage, it was so much fun, I wondered why I hadn't done it before, and I'm definitely going to try to do it as much as possible next season!

No comments