Nary Manivong Spring 2011

Where & When: Friday, September 10th from 1:30-3:00pm, 444 W. 17th St.

Presentation Recap: Nary Manivong displayed 18 ready-to-wear looks using a palette of predominantly neutrals splashed with green, crimson, and dusty blues. Nautical ropes wrapped around waists in knots tied the majority of the ensembles together. Comfortable-looking suede flats and heels hugged models' feet as they stood in a layer of fake sand. The entire cast made me feel as if I was on holiday in San Tropez.

Standout Look: The first model that greeted me was wearing a roomy white long-sleeved dress with a puritanical bonnet to match (see top photo). Reminded me of Little House on the Prairie.
Bonus Points: The entire Hilfiger clan waltzed in right after I arrived, creating qu
ite a stir amongst the nobodies in this tiny venue. At one point Tommy's son Sebastian Thomas came running toward me, clearly discontent with the buzz, and somehow got a significant amount of spit on my arm. I took that as my cue to get out of there and find a sink.
Where to Buy: Click here for official website. Shop coming soon.



No comments