TheFind Guest Post: Keep Things Interesting with an Evening Party Look That's Part Girly, Part Rocker-Chic!



While I'm certainly not complaining about the recent influx of holiday party invitations and celebratory seasonal shindigs, being a guest at other people's Christmas fêtes often makes me ponder how I'd do things if I was the one calling the shots and it was my festivity. So what's my ideal party? I love soirees that boast a feel-good balance -- a friendly mix of old friends and new acquaintances, high-energy dancing yet plenty of room to kick back and lounge, and great music that's not too loud to hinder conversation. And of course, tasty cocktails!

This desire for a balance that's part laid-back and part "party-till-you-drop" is also reflected in my ideal party outfit -- a selection of pieces and accessories that show off my love for all that's glitzy and girly and my rebel side as well, for a complete look that's romantic yet edgy! The foundation of my perfect party look is a sweet yet sexy cocktail dress with sparkly details -- like this Rebecca Taylor strapless silk dress that mixes a girly, flouncy skirt with the more sleek structure of a bustier top. To balance such a high hemline, I'd likely keep things a bit more modest with a boyfriend-inspired jacket that looks sleek without verging on too-buttoned-up. Add a pair of sexy strappy shoes from Jimmy Choo that have a bit of sparkly sheen, a rocker-chic studded clutch, and finally, a glitzy pair of earrings, and I've got the perfect party look for a long night of dancing and mingling in great company!

- Alex Gambardella

To nab your own perfect party look just in time for the holiday season, enter our NET-A-PORTER $5,000 Shopping Spree Giveaway by December 10th for a chance to shop all these great looks!

Content provided by TheFind in partnership with Cheryl Shops.

No comments