In These Shoes: Diane von Furstenberg Eva Sandals

Maybe it's because this winter seemed unusually cold and long, but is it me, or is spring taking its sweet time getting here? I know April showers bring May flowers and all that, but I've certainly had more than enough of this 50-degrees-and-rainy weather. I switched my closet to spring/summer last weekend, so my sweaters and tights are packed away, which has left me with lots of filmy dresses and bare sandals...and not the right conditions in which to wear them. So when I heard the temperature was going to hit 70 degrees today, out came my new striped miniskirt and my trusty platform sandals...and, of course, I was freezing until about 4 p.m. this afternoon, when the sun finally came out, but you know what? It was worth it. I may prefer winter clothes--fur, cashmere, flannel, oh my--but when it comes to footwear, there's nothing better than summer shoes: open toed, brightly colored, embellished, high-heeled, the whole nine yards--shoes like this delicious Eva sandal, a style featured on Diane von Furstenberg's tour de force spring/summer 2011 runway. While it comes in practical neutrals, the lime-green citron color is more fun, and definitely more springlike. I adore the oversize side bow--it's feminine and pretty, and after months of shapeless puffer coats and snow boots, who doesn't want to feel like a lady? The challenge, of course, is picking a non-rainy day on which to wear them (they're suede), but May is just around the corner, isn't it?

No comments