Wednesday, December 21, 2011

In These Shoes: Ecote Tall Suede Fringe Boots

Dear readers, as this is my last post before the holidays (not to fret, I'll be back the first week of January!), I thought I'd leave you with a special treat. With all the gift guides and fall shopping guides, I know I've been low on shoe posts lately, but hopefully this will make up for it. So, I've been obsessed with Diane von Furstenberg's Penn fringe boots ever since they came down the runway last February. They're in line with that whole urban-bohemian Isabel Marant vibe, and they look like something Kate Moss would wear (an instant win in my book). And in spite of the fact that they're $650, these boots are sold out nearly everywhere (Shopbop being the one exception, although they're out of my size in black). Of course, this makes me want them even more. Desperate, I started Googling black suede fringe boots and lo and behold, I found this very similar pair by Ecote at Urban Outfitters on sale for $34.99. That's right, $34.99. They are real, actual suede, and while the fringe isn't nearly as thick as the DVF version, I feel like at that price, you really have no cause for complaint. They even get bonus points in my book for the very tolerable 2.5-inch heel (as opposed to DVF's 3.75"). If there were ever a no-brainer featured in this category, I think these boots would be it. Seriously, go buy yourself a pair—they're Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy New Year rolled all into one! And on that note, see you next year!

No comments: