Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Under $100: Neon Accessories

Neon is a trend that's been about to break for a few seasons, and it was certainly all over the spring 2012 runways. I was going to include it in my spring shopping guide, but whenever I came across neon clothing, I went, "Eeesh!" Considering their brightness, fluorescent hues tend to work best in small quantities. Which is why neon accessories are the perfect solution: Their concentrated colors are just enough to perk up your entire outfit. Here are some day-glowing options, all under $100.

Clockwise from top left:

La Mer's wrap watch has a strap so thick, it pretty much doubles as a glam cuff bracelet as well.

Bauble Bar has all manner of neon jewelry, but this super-dramatic princess bib is, hands down, my favorite.

The cantina bag from Cleobella looks like something your wacky aunt picked up in Acapulco in the '70s, but modernized with a shocking hue.

Another updated classic, Noir's friendship bracelet improves on a classic with goldtone hardware and countless colors.

A neon skinny belt works brilliantly with everything from dresses to jeans; I have a similar style in pink and it packs a surprising punch.

Neon shoes are pretty much a no-brainer, but these Guess cork sandals are so fun, I'd wear them even if they were neutral.

No comments: