In These Shoes: Givenchy Fold-Over Wedge Boots

Yep, it's that time of year when I come home to September issues of my fashion magazines piled in front of my door, too thick to fit into my mailbox. September issues are like meals, and I can't wait to digest all the fall-fashion deliciousness. One item that I want to simply devour is this pair of Givenchy cuffed wedge boots, which I've already pinned to my Pinterest page. What is it about these boots that makes them so irresistible, especially when I already own so many pairs? (See, I just beat my husband to that question.) For one, the cuff, created by an additional layer of leather, has the same leg-elongating effect as wearing a pair of boot-cut pants. Except these are way sexier, because your thigh is exposed. The shark lock detail at the top is spiky and dangerous-looking, which is also sexy. But underneath that sheath of buttery-soft pebbled leather lies a sturdy, practical wedge heel. (A four-inch heel, but a wedge nonetheless.) These boots are the best of both worlds, and they're priced accordingly. So I'll wait for someone to knock them off and offer them at a more palatable level (Pour La Victoire, I'm looking at you), but for those of you who can afford an occasional indulgence, you can now pre-order the real thing at Forward by Elyse Walker.

No comments