I Want It Now: Liberty of London Collaborations

Last week I had a meeting that let out early, so I found myself in Rockefeller Center with a few hours to kill, and instead of going back to the office, I decided to check out our competitors, or, as you might call it, shop. One of my first stops was J.Crew, and whenever I go into one of their stores, I want to buy pretty much everything—which is why I usually try to stay away from them—and that was definitely the case, primarily due to the newest arrivals from their ongoing collaboration with Liberty of London. I am admittedly a big sucker for Liberty's prints, although I prefer the larger-scale botanicals to the ditsy florals; there's just something about them that makes me happy. And if you're suffering from seasonal affect disorder like I am, there are antidotes galore: scarves, shoes, makeup bags, clutches, plus shirts, skirts, dresses, pajamas, swimwear, and even ties for men in bright colors and fun motifs. But lest J.Crew have all the fun, Liberty is also collaborating with a bunch of other retailers this season, from Nike shoes to A.G. Jeans. Here are some of my favorites.


Clockwise from left:

Printed denim can be a hard sell, but AG Jeans always fit fantastically, and the print on these ankle-length leggings is almost tonal, making it a bit more subtle.

I don't run, but the quiet print on these Nike Free 5.0 Liberty sneakers almost makes me want to. Although, knowing me, I'd probably end up wearing them to run errands on the weekends. (That still counts as "running," right?)

Drinking coffee out of a fun mug is one of the little things you can do to brighten your day. This quirky Hello Kitty x Liberty mug has the added bonus of being so unique, no one will steal it from the office dish rack.

Of the many awesome items in J.Crew's Liberty collection, some of my favorites are the swimsuits. I love the exotic look of the Lord Paisley bandeau and matching bottoms.

But my favorite print is the Tresco floral, shown here in scarf form but also available in a skirt, a shirt, a clutch, and numerous other items. It's so tropical and bright, it's enough to take your mind off of whatever nastiness is going on outside.

No comments