Target Fall Style Presentation at Pier 57 [09.03.13]
Last night I was stoked for two reasons: 1) the humidity in NYC has finally backed the bleep down, and 2) it was time to unofficially kick off Fashion Week with a show hosted by the well-funded event department at Target. Here's a list of some of the serious flair these folks brought to Pier 57:
- Glow-in-the-dark Target style checkout counters (for video paperwork sign off)
- Mission Impossible style laser beams moving around a dark entrance corridor
- Conveyor belt runways + rotating stage
- Conveyor belt hors d'oeuvres (Target accessories laced in)
- Beef carpaccio on pretzel sticks
- Insanely complex stage lighting
- Photo printer that spits out the Instagram photo you tagged just minutes prior
- Models paid to "push" shopping carts on treadmills during the entire after party
The show began with one model sliding out on a conveyor belt runway...
...which escalated to a rotating mashup of models and manic dancers. (Why does the first show of Fashion Week *always* feature manic dancers?)
More captures from the show:
Target showcased all of their longstanding Target brands, from Xhilaration to Merona to Mossimo Black. Shoes were mostly done by Sam & Libby for Target. Definitely some pieces in there I would wear myself, though I definitely felt the presence of the stylists in the more chic layered looks.
In contrast to all the Spring I'm about to see this week, it was nice to look forward to Fall for a night. Am I allowed to wear booties yet?